Dual Enrollment Tips For Juniors And Seniors
In order to dual enroll:
- You must have a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- You must have a score of 1 or 2 on your MME Test in the area in which you wish to take a class. MME Tests MUST be taken the year before you plan to dual enroll.
- You must have taken the highest level high school class offered in that area before you can dual enroll.
- If you are currently in a class here (e.g. Psychology/winter term) you cannot take it in college that same term or an overlapping term.
- You MUST have a total of 6 classes per semester. The total number of classes cannot equal more than 6 (with the exception of Varsity Singers or Jazz Band)
- If you are dual enrolling in the FALL!!! Keep in mind that when selecting a college class, the hours that high school classes will be offered will not yet be finalized. Therefore, unless you register for a college class that meets at 3:00 or later (or an online class), you will need to wait to dual enroll until late April when the master schedule is finalized.
- Discuss the classes you are considering taking with your counselor, and check with the college to make sure the class will transfer.
- If you have not tested or do not have a score of 18 or more in Math and English on the ACT, you will need to go to the college and take the COMPASS Test.
- COMPASS TEST AT MCCC
Compass Test dates and times vary
For information phone: 384-4144
- Fill out a MCCC application and obtain a transcript from the Counseling Office and take both of these items to turn in when taking the COMPASS Test (if required).
- Get online at www.monroeccc.edu and check to see if the class is still open.
- Complete a Dual Enrollment form and have your counselor and the principal sign it.
- Take the signed form to Julie Billmaier in building 'A' (Admissions at MCCC)
Congratulations on taking the first step to your college education!