Skip to main content

Airport High School

Mobile Menu Toggle
Marketing Classes at Tiger Game for Career Day


FASFA is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid 

Anyone who wants federal financial aid for college will need to fill out the FASFA.  The application is used to determine the dollar amount you or your family will be expected to contribute towards college.  All federal grant and loan awards are determined by the FASFA, and nearly all colleges use the FASFA as the basis for their own financial aid awards.  

The application takes about one hour to fill out, but this is only if you have all the necessary documents (see below) at hand before you begin. You can print out, online or pick up in the AHS Counseling Office, a FASFA worksheet which allows you to pencil in the required information prior to applying electronically. 

What You Need To Complete FASFA:

  • Your Social Security number. 
  • Your driver's license number, if you have one. 
  • Your federal income tax return.
  • Your current bank statements and records of stocks, bonds, and other investments.
  • Your records of other untaxed income received, such as Social Security, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), welfare or veterans benefits.
  • Your business or farm records, if applicable
  • Your alien registration number, if you are not a U.S. citizen.
  • If you are a dependent student, you will also need:

                                                           * Your parent's Social Security number
                                                           * Your parent's income and financial records


Apply any time beginning January 1 of each year (Application deadlines vary by state)
Apply early - funds are first-come-first-served 

Free help is available!   Call 1-800-4-FED-AID